OFFICE OF THE CHILDREN’S REGISTRY
The Office of the Children’s Registry (OCR) is a statutory body under the portfolio of the Ministry of Youth & Culture, for the purpose of a central place for reporting incidents of children who are known or suspected to be abused, neglected or in need of care and protection. The OCR is also responsible for the management of the Ananda Alert System. The OCR invites suitably qualified persons to fill the position of:
MANAGER, HUMAN RESOURCE & ADMINISTRATION (CONTRACT)
Salary Scale: $1,309,267 to $1,556,307 per annum (GMG/SEG1)
Full Upkeep Allowance: $643,128 per annum
Reporting directly to the Registrar, the duties and responsibilities of the incumbent will include:
- Co-ordinate the development of the strategic, operational, and budgetary plans for the organization;
- Establish the Human Resource Management portfolio in support of the strategic and corporate goals of the OCR;
- Develop/review and implement human resource management policies and procedures for the OCR;
- Administer compensation/benefits packages and recommend changes in keeping with GOJ guidelines;
- Conduct workforce analysis to determine staffing needs to meet organizational objectives;
- Undertake an effective recruitment and selection programme aimed at selecting and retaining competent employees;
- Design and implement programmes related to staff welfare;
- Ensure the implementation of the performance management appraisal system in accordance with established policies/procedures;
- Ensure timely completion of Performance Appraisals by managers/supervisors;
- Develop annual training and development plan and ensure its execution;
- Develop and oversee the implementation of a succession plan for the OCR;
- Coordinate and participate in grievance and disciplinary investigations, hearings and appeals;
- Develop and maintain an HR Information Management System;
- Advise on human resource issues as part of the management team;
- Oversee the functions that relate to the provision of security, janitorial, telephone, mail, reception and driver/bearer services, procurement and other administrative services;
- Provide guidance to employees through coaching, mentoring, training and providing general assistance support as needed.
Minimum Training and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or Business Administration, Management Studies with a major in Human Resource Management or any equivalent qualification with Human Resource Management emphasis from a recognized university.
- A minimum of three (3) years relevant experience as a Human Resource Management practitioner; at least one (1) year of which must be at a senior level.
Key Competencies Required includes:
- Expert knowledge of relevant GOJ laws and other instructions and training specific to human resource management within the GOJ
- Sound knowledge of the practices and principles of human resource management
- Excellent interviewing, counseling and conflict management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and written/oral communication skills
- Exceptional leadership and change management skills
- Strong Project Management skills, able to manage multifaceted projects resulting in measurable success.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite and other computer applications.
- Knowledge of Human Resource Management Information Systems would be an asset
- Knowledge of the Child Care and Protection Act and Regulations.
- A travelling allowance is attached to the position and as such, applicants must have full time use of a reliable motor vehicle.
Applications accompanied by Resume should be submitted by Friday, 2016 February 05 to:
Office of the Children’s Registry
12 Carlton Crescent, Kingston 10
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Tele: 908-0246